The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared COVID-19 a global pandemic. It’s now BCD Travel’s absolute priority to support our clients and travelers who are affected by the coronavirus situation. We’re closely monitoring the developments and are taking necessary actions to limit the impact for our travelers. On this page you’ll find an overview of recent updates and links to reliable sources and reports. Like you, we’re doing our best to keep up with all the changes. The situation is very fluid with authorities, suppliers and airlines changing policies at a rapid pace.
Information for business travelers
Know before you go
If for any reason you need to cancel your future trip, you can do so directly in the TripSource® app.
Simply tap the menu in the top right corner and select cancel trip.
IMPORTANT: If you are within a four-hour window of your trip, call your travel team directly, using the number on your itinerary.
Information for travel managers
The COVID-19 pandemic is having a huge impact on travel programs. We’re doing all we can to minimize the consequences for your program and travelers. As different countries require restrictions on movement, office hours may be adapted per country. Local teams will keep clients informed about these changes.
To get the latest information on COVID-19 and the global situation we advise you to only use official sources.
BCD Travel information
- For specific questions about your travel program, contact your program manager
- Read the letter from our Chief Executives about COVID-19
- Take our travel risk assessment to gauge your duty of care practices
- BCD Travel’s commitment to data security
- Read more about BCD Travel’s traveler safety solutions
- If you’re a BCD Travel client and have access to Connect, subscribe to the COVID-19 discussion group
What You Need To Know reports
As demand declines and governments around the world restrict travel, airlines are adjusting their operations, and, in some cases, suspending all services. Our What You Need To Know reports summarize what airlines and hotels across the world are doing and planning.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), cases of the COVID-19 coronavirus have now been recorded in more than 200 countries, territories and areas outside of China.1 To control the spread, governments around the
In an effort to reassure both employees and travelers that they are doing what they can to protect them against COVID-19, hotels are implementing new and improved cleanliness and hygiene processes. This report summarizes
To reassure both employees and travelers that they are doing what they can to protect them against COVID-19, car rental companies are introducing new and improved cleanliness and hygiene processes. This report summarizes what car rental companies around the world are doing and planning.
BCD Online Event series
A webinar that focuses on traveler behaviour changes during a global pandemic.
A webinar that shares travel program responses and changes through a global pandemic.
This infographic gives insights into the implications of COVID-19 for travel management and explores companies’ expectations for the future. The results are based on an online survey of 125 travel managers worldwide conducted April 6-16, 2020.
Airline cancellations, disruptions and refunds
Advice for better virtual collaboration
Assist your travelers with DecisionSource
Engage your travelers and keep them informed
Other useful information
- Our SolutionSource partner International SOS is keeping a list of travel restrictions, flight operations and screening.
- IATA is keeping a list of worldwide entry restrictions and required travel documents
- Coronavirus dashboard by the World Health Organization.
- IATA has published health and safety guidelines for travelers.
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
- US. Department of State
- UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office