Businesses have a role to play in improving the communities in which we live and work. That’s why our corporate mission revolves around helping people and companies. It’s why sustainability lies at the core of everything we do.
and Chief Executive Officer
Vice President and Executive Chair of Sustainability
Our mission, vision and strategic direction
Our mission is helping people and companies travel smart and achieve more. Our vision is to be the world’s most trusted and innovative travel management company. Our people make achieving our mission and executing our vision possible.
As we grow, we have an obligation to ourselves, our clients and our communities to do so sustainably. Sustainability means that we ethically manage our environmental, social and financial responsibilities to ensure our ongoing business success—without limiting options for future generations.
UN Global Compact Communication on Progress
BCD Travel has been a signatory to the UN Global Compact since 2008, and continues to support the 10 principles on human rights, labor standards, the environment and anti-corruption across our sphere of influence.
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
We‘ve supported the United Nation‘ shared plan of action for people, planet and prosperity since 2017. Through our strategic direction and business activities, we contribute directly and indirectly to the achievement of the SDGs. We identified and prioritized ten areas that are most relevant for our business.
Governance & stakeholder engagement
Strong governance within BCD Travel provides the foundation for building a culture of ethical behavior and minimizing business risk. By acting with integrity, we gain the trust of our customers, business partners and other stakeholders and have a positive impact on society.
Sustainability focus areas
Governance, Ethics & Compliance
Strong governance within BCD Travel provides the foundation for building a culture of ethical behavior and minimizing business risk. By acting with integrity, we gain the trust of our customers, business partners and other stakeholders and create a positive impact on society.
Our company’s future depends on the quality, performance and commitment of our workforce. A talented, healthy and engaged employee population drives performance and powers innovation, making it imperative that we continue to attract, develop, motivate and retain talented employees.
We’re committed to supporting a healthy and sustainable environment by establishing policies and programs that specifically address how we conduct business in a safe, environmentally-sound manner.
By building mutually rewarding partnerships with our supply chain, we contribute to our own business sustainability and that of the people and planet.
Our commitment to delivering optimal service, products, tools and solutions to help our customers improve their travel program’s environmental and social impacts remains paramount.
Charity & Community Support
Companywide charitable initiatives like Making a Difference and our partnership with organizations to end child trafficking and exploitation continue to make a difference in the lives of others in the communities in which we work and live.
What’s in it for you?
- Transparency & minimizing risk: Annual assessments of our sustainable business practices by EcoVadis, an independent assessor of corporate sustainability programs, increases transparency and reduces risk in your supply chain. Their evaluation and measurements are understood and respected by businesses worldwide.In 2018 we’ve earned the top rating for the third consecutive year and stay in the top one percent of all suppliers
assessed. As a member of the EcoVadis platform you can request access to our scorecard.
- Validated best practices: ISO certifications, Payment Card Industry Data Protection Standard (PCI)) and other accreditations validate, we apply best practices in our business practices and comply with industry regulations and legal obligations. Plus, it helps limit fraud. We’ve been certified to global standards for our health and safety standards, data quality processes, information security practices, and our approach to environmental management. You may find a list of our certifications here.
- Eliminated legal exposure: Business travel today is highly competitive, constantly being disrupted by new technologies and increasingly reaching into emerging markets around the globe. All these factors can fuel unethical business practices, brand and legal exposure. Our Code of Conduct and Noncompliance Reporting policy ensure ethical business practices beyond companies’ and industries’ boundaries. Here’s a list all of publicly available policies, principles and other documentation
- Code of Conduct
- Supplier Code
- Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) policy
- Sustainability principles
- Annual sustainability report
- Annual EcoVadis sustainability performance rating certificates
- Secure flow of data: It’s vital to safeguard data. A breach can affect millions of people, threaten business relationships and even test the viability of a whole corporation. ISO 9001 and other accreditations that certify a secure flow of data support our positions as a reliable business partner.
- Better work-life balance for travelers: TripSource® helps travelers reduce stress, travel safely and achieve better work-life balance.
- Making a Difference: We want to create an environment that encourages and enables our people to develop to their fullest potential. And we turn the same energy and values toward making a difference in the lives of our customers and the communities where we live and work.
- Access to the Sustainability Self-Assessment Tool (SSAT): As a corporate travel buyer you have access to the SSAT sponsored by BCD Travel. It’s a tool designed to give your organization an overall understanding of where you stand in terms of sustainability initiatives within your travel program. Plus, it provides recommendations how to take it to the next level.