We’re dedicated to promoting environmentally sound travel practices that help minimize waste and reduce harmful emissions to the air, water and land.
We are a global company, but our stakeholders include local neighbors. Our approach to environmental stewardship therefore attends to local aspects and regional differences, while considering universal impacts, such as greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
We recognize the risks presented by climate change and remain committed to supporting a healthy and sustainable environment by establishing policies and programs that specifically outline how we conduct business in a safe, environmentally sound manner in accordance with relevant legislation and regulations.
In 2018, we expanded our environmental reporting to measure and report our progress across five industry-accepted reporting platforms:
- EcoVadis: Achieved our third Gold rating; of the four assessed themes, we scored highest in Environment.
- United Nations Global Compact: Communicated our performance against Principles 7, 8 & 9 and reported on our commitment to SDG 13 – Climate Action.
- GRI: Reported against the requirements of the GRI (Standards 101, 102, 103 & 300).
- Carbon Footprint Verification: We measure and report our carbon footprint annually. The verification process is performed by an external auditor who helps us develop better measurement tools to reflect more accurate results.
- CDP: Achieved a Supplier Engagement Rating of B in 2018.