We’re dedicated to promoting environmentally sound travel practices that help minimize waste and reduce harmful emissions to the air, water and land.
We are a global company, but our stakeholders include local neighbors. Our approach to environmental stewardship therefore attends to local aspects and regional differences, while considering universal impacts, such as greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
We recognize the risks presented by climate change and remain committed to supporting a healthy and sustainable environment by establishing policies and programs that specifically outline how we conduct business in a safe, environmentally sound manner in accordance with relevant legislation and regulations.
- Reduced carbon emissions by 6.8% compared to 2016.
- Achieved ISO 14001 data center certification in December 2017.
- Reduced data center energy usage by 33%.
- Updated the global environment, health and safety policy and communicated to all employees.
- 58% of our operations are now ISO 14001:2015 certified covering 64% of employees worldwide.
- Completion of the updated environmental training course.
- Supported the United Nations, Environment Program’s World, Environment Day theme ‘Connecting People to Nature’ with global employee activities.
- Rolled out a process to track single use plastics such as plastic water bottles, plastic coffee and water cups and other consumables.
“We are committed to making continuous improvements in the management of our environmental impacts and to the longer-term goal of developing a sustainable business. We are constantly developing new strategies to increase energy efficiency across the company and are extremely proud that our data center achieved ISO 14001
accreditation in 2017. In 2018, BCD Travel will work in partnership with others to promote environmental care, increase understanding of environmental issues and disseminate good practice, with the ultimate aim of reducing our carbon footprint and helping our customers travel more sustainably.”