From Nov. 8, foreign nationals traveling to the U.S., who can provide proof of vaccination and a negative result from a COVID-19 test taken during the 72 hours before departure, may enter the country without the need to quarantine. Travelers must be fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration or the World Health Organization. The new rules apply to international air and land travel to the U.S.
In response to the new rules, carriers are announcing plans to:
- Gradually increase capacity
- Bring U.S. restart dates forward
- Expand services and routes to certain destinations
« Our teams are ready to assist travelers heading to the U.S. with their bookings,” said Heinz Jennewein, who is heading operations in Europe. “Our travelers are already showing clear interest and asking us for details of the rules that will be in effect from Nov. 8. In addition, traffic is increasing for our COVID-19 Information Hub, our self-service offering around current entry restrictions. »
The award-winning COVID-19 Information Hub provides agents, travelers and travel managers with the latest global travel information and requirements before, during and after trips. Users can:
- Search for destination and departure restrictions on country and state levels
- Receive push notifications with traveler-specific flight, airport and destination details
- Check Airline cards or the “at a glance” view to see whether a specific airline requires a digital health pass, as well as which passes are accepted
Read the full report for more insights.
Are you prepared for the transatlantic rebound? Are your travelers? Schedule a call with your BCD Travel program manager to make sure your program is ready for recovery. Not a BCD client? Contact us.
Travel smart. Travel well.
Travel is different now. Travel teams must reimagine their programs with protocols and solutions in place to increase travelers’ confidence and protect their health. The Back to Travel guide is designed to give you the answers you need to lead your company back to business safely, efficiently and smartly.