Customized Japanese travel booking process delivers white glove experience to local Health Care Providers
BCD was approached by a life sciences company to see if we could book their HCPs locally. Japanese culture dictates that HCPs be treated with a white glove and communicated to in their native language. These bookings were funneling through the U.S., along with all other HCP travel requests, but due to the cultural sensitivities needed to be managed differently.
- Changed our process to include increased collaboration between BCD M&E and BCD Travel, used local language and time zone and offered access to emergency services
- Allowed BCD M&E locations in Japan to book flights directly based on HCPs preferences; compliance/cost deviations were routed to BCD M&E (U.S.) for approval
- Mandated all flights booked in Japan appear on pre- and post-trip manifests sent to the meeting manager
- Our client’s HCPs in Japan now have a local, simple process to book their travel
- All compliance requirements are met
- Post-meeting reporting provides full transparency in bookings