With this survey we explore travel buyers’ views around the place environmental sustainability has in a travel program and look at the role of travel management in promoting sustainable travel.
The results are based on an online survey of 101 travel buyers conducted from April 6-26, 2021.
- 76% of travel managers have global responsibilities.
- 58% are based in North America and 31% are in EMEA.
- Top three industries: Pharmaceutical (16%), Professional services and Consulting (14%) and Financial services (14%).
- 61% work for large companies with more than 10,000 employees.
- In 2019, 44% had annual travel spend of US$50 million and above.