Corporate Social Responsibility
Doing good with everything we do
It’s been 10 years since we unveiled our corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiative, and our commitment runs deep – we want to do good with everything we do:
- A better workplace: Every day, our people bring our creative and personal brand to life. They know their actions count and their views matter. We give them the tools, skills and outlets to build their “confident self,” because our success hinges on theirs.
- A better world: From company initiatives like the Haiti Project to individual good works by employees around the world, we believe actions go far beyond collecting money. Simply put, they express our passion for helping others.
- A better business: Our world is ever more connected and transparent. And that places a premium on honest and respectful conduct. Today, how we do what we do determines whether or not we survive and thrive.
Learn more about why, where and how we bring our passion for CSR to life in our CSR principles.
Our Code of Conduct, Supplier Code of Conduct and the Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) policy set forth the standards by which we and our suppliers should act, and provide an ethical and legal framework for our day-to-day activities.
Code of Conduct: English | German | Dutch | French | Portuguese | Spanish
Supplier Code: English | German | French | Portuguese | Spanish
Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) policy: English | German | French | Portuguese | Spanish
What’s important to us is important to you, too.
Our CSR priorities also inform our offerings to clients. We offer products and services designed to improve security, wellness, productivity and safety for corporate customers and their business travelers.
Our CSR achievements are also recognized in the business travel industry and beyond:
- The GBTA Foundation has twice awarded BCD Travel a Project ICARUS Sustainability Outstanding Achievement Award.
- Forbes magazine ranked BCD Travel among America’s top employers in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- In late 2015, BCD Travel was named Most Admired Travel Management Company for the third year running by readers of industry newsletter, The Beat. The recognition reflected results of a poll that asked readers which industry suppliers they most admire for their policies, management style and service to clients.
- We earned a gold ranking by EcoVadis, the assessor providing supplier sustainability ratings for global supply chains. We’re the first travel management company to achieve the top rating and are in the top 2% of all suppliers. Read a case study from EcoVadis detailing the steps we took to earn gold.
- We regularly perform audits (including ISO 9001, ISO 27001 and Payment Card Industry Data Protection Standard (PCI)) to make sure we comply with best practices, industry regulations and legal obligations. You may find a list of our ISO certifications and other certifications here.
BCD Travel Foundation and the Haiti Project
The BCD Travel Foundation, the giving arm of BCD Travel, has a single mission: to improve the lives of children.
As part of that commitment, the foundation is partnering with the School of Choice Education Organization and their Haitian school L’Ecole de Choix (School of Choice). Together, we’re bringing education, the possibility of choice, and the promise of a brighter future to Haiti’s children.
The poorest country in the western hemisphere, Haiti has an average literacy rate of 53% and only half of school-age children attend school. Fewer than 30 percent of Haitian youth graduate from sixth grade. The 2010 earthquake in Haiti destroyed almost 50% of the nation’s schools and devastated the three main universities in Port-au-Prince.
Learn more about the Haiti Project.
We’re bringing education, the possibility of choice, and the promise of a brighter future to Haiti’s children.