BCD Travel has joined some of the most celebrated U.S. brands — including Apple, Google, LinkedIn, Microsoft and Southwest Airlines — on a list of employee-rated Best Companies. As a multiple-category winner of Comparably’s 3rd Annual Best Company Awards, BCD is among the highest rated in the U.S. for culture, women and diversity. Comparably, a leading third-party SaaS workplace solution, has logged nearly 10 million ratings from employees across 50,000 U.S. companies.
“Our Comparably recognition is important because it reflects the experiences and conclusions of people who work at BCD Travel, and that’s what future talent relies on to decide whether they too want to work here,” said Christian Dahl, BCD’s senior vice president of Talent Management and Global Human Resources. “Ultimately, the companies that attract and retain the top talent, provide clients the best service and the best solutions. The large number of accolades BCD Travel is receiving indicate that our efforts to build a great company for clients and employees alike are paying off.”
For Comparably’s Best Companies Awards, employees were asked to rate BCD on aspects ranging from office environment and compensation to leadership and work-life balance. BCD was a winner in the Top 50 Large Companies category for businesses with more than 500 employees. A separate list recognized Top 50 Small/Mid-size companies with less than 500 employees.
Exceptional workplace culture
“Fostering an exceptional workplace culture means providing a positive work environment, from fair compensation and great perks to outstanding leadership and career advancement opportunities,” said Comparably CEO Jason Nazar. “The businesses on our annual list had the top ratings by employees on Comparably.com, beating out tens of thousands of companies to claim their rightful place among the best places to work of 2019.”
Recent BCD Awards
BCD’s Comparably recognition adds to its other recent accolades:
- 2019 Business Travel Award for Best Corporate Social Responsibility program.
- Forbes magazine’s 2019 list of America’s Best Midsize Employers and 2018 America’s Best Employers For Women.
- Ranked No. 41 on a list of 100 companies noted for flexible work environments in 2019 — the seventh time BCD made the list compiled by FlexJobs, an online job search resource for professionals seeking telecommute, part-time or other flexible jobs.
- CR Magazine’s 2018 Responsible CEO of the Year for a Private Company (John Snyder), garnering international recognition at 3BL Forum, the leading event for corporate responsibility and sustainability practitioners.
- Three-year accreditation in people management valid until 2020 from Investors in People, a globally recognized workplace ratings firm, for the company’s results in leading, supporting and managing people well for sustainable results. BCD was the first travel management company to pursue and receive IIP’s independent endorsement, positioning the TMC as one of the top companies to work for in the corporate travel industry. IIP ratings set the standard for what it takes to lead, support and manage people well for sustainable results.
- The only travel management company to achieve four consecutive top Gold ratings from EcoVadis, the world’s leading platform for CSR audits for global supply chains.
Life at BCD
BCD continues to build upon the company’s successful Confident Self model, launched in 2014 to drive its strategic goals for people across the organization globally. The model is based on an understanding that employees will thrive in an environment where they are empowered to succeed, and that will create success for them personally and for the company. Employees say the model helps them understand what success looks like and how to achieve it.
Among BCD Travel’s top recent successes in its people initiatives are:
- Filling one-third of all open positions with internal candidates, providing opportunities for individual professional growth
- Retaining 89% of employees under the age of 30 over the last eight months
- Increasing the company’s employee Net Promoter Score by 7 points in 12 months, with more than 4% of previous detractors becoming promoters
High among BCD’s top goals for its people is employee experience. The company created a new [email protected] brand and continues to aggressively develop and build employee value propositions to provide an overall better experience at work.
As one example, BCD continues to refine its approach to learning and development programs that places them in the context of “providing our people with the most positive Employee Experience possible.” The result will usher in in new ways to learn on-demand with purpose, both formally and informally.
“Next year we will support our 13,000+ workforce to better understand our core business and engage with the overall company,” Dahl said. “From the day a new employee joins us, they will be encouraged to connect, collaborate, and celebrate being in the BCD family.”