BCD Travel’s decade-long, global sustainability initiative has earned international recognition for its President and CEO John Snyder. CR Magazine named Snyder 2018 Responsible CEO of the Year for a Private Company. The award recognizes corporate leaders committed to a progressive environmental, social, and governance (ESG) agenda.
“I consider this award a recognition of the collective efforts of everyone at BCD Travel globally,” said Snyder. “I hope it inspires other CEOs to join our commitment to putting sustainability at the core of everything they do—to ensure ongoing business success without limiting options for future generations.”
The excellence in leadership awards are given by CR Magazine at 3BL Forum, an annual gathering of corporate responsibility and sustainability practitioners with emphasis on networking, case studies, new research and compelling presentations from companies committed to making progress against an ambitious ESG agenda.
“This award is not only a substantial personal and professional achievement, it’s reflective of the dedication BCD Travel has fulfilling its sustainability initiative under John’s leadership,” said Sharon Dirks, BCD Travel’s director of sustainability. “From our Confident Self talent management program to company initiatives like supporting local charities identified by our employees and our business ethics Code of Conduct, BCD Travel takes corporate responsibility seriously. That commitment starts at the top with John Snyder.”
Snyder’s recognition follows other sustainability successes for the travel management company, including:
- Two Project ICARUS Sustainability Outstanding Achievement Awards from The Global Business Travel Association Foundation.
- Three consecutive gold ratings from EcoVadis, which assesses sustainability of global supply chains. BCD was the first TMC to achieve EcoVadis gold and is presently the only one to keep that top ranking three years in a row, placing BCD in the top 1% of all suppliers assessed by EcoVadis.
- Operational, workplace and data protection certifications reflecting BCD’s compliance with globally accepted best practices, industry regulations and legal obligations.
- Recognition by Forbes, which named BCD to its 2018 list of America’s Best Employers For Women. The business magazine has ranked the TMC among America’s Best Employers three times.
- Six years being named Most Admired Travel Management Company by readers of industry news publication The Beat; readers choose the industry suppliers they most admire for their policies, management style and service to clients. BCD earned its latest Most Admired recognition in October 2018.
Check out seven ways to make your company more sustainable and competitive. Ask what BCD Travel can do to help you reduce the environmental impact of your travel program while controlling costs.