BCD Travel has earned a gold rating in an independent assessment measuring its sustainability performance—the only travel management company to achieve the top rating for four consecutive years.
With this rating, BCD maintains its position in the top 1% of all suppliers assessed by EcoVadis, the world’s leading platform for corporate social responsibility (CSR) audits for global supply chains. BCD uses the assessment to transparently demonstrate its sustainability performance to customers and partners. Clients use the rating to help measure the sustainability of their supply chains and minimize risks to their businesses and brands.
“It means a lot to us to work with partners that also share our values and principles,” explained Ralf Uwe Schmitt, corporate head of sustainability at Swedish medical technology company Getinge, a BCD client. “This is a very important achievement and illustrates how committed BCD Travel is regarding sustainability and the continued improvement in this area.”
Sustainability initiatives contribute to BCD’s 2019 EcoVadis gold ranking
- Innovative practices concerning environmental issues, such as operational energy-reduction measures
- Increase in global locations certified to ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 to 95%
- Implementation of additional global policies for anti-corruption, fraud management, sustainable procurement and diversity and equal opportunities; BCD was recently recognized by WINiT for efforts to create opportunities for women
- Communication of progress toward the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Third-party audit of sustainability reporting
“I’m proud, we achieved the gold rating for the fourth year,” said Kathy Jackson, BCD’s executive vice president of Global Program Management and executive chair of sustainability. “It illustrates why our customers, employees and partners can trust in us as a company. It’s the result of efforts to continuously improve sustainability performance across the company through the work of all our employees worldwide.”
The top rating from EcoVadis and WINiT award add to a string of recognitions for BCD Travel for its sustainability achievements in recent years.