Fresh new interface, planning and booking enhancements, and advanced self-service capabilities are just a few of the benefits of the new app
UTRECHT, The Netherlands, July 10, 2019 – Global travel management company BCD Travel will launch a new version of its industry leading mobile app, TripSource, in July 2019. Built from the ground up, the entirely new TripSource app leverages the latest mobile technology to deliver a rich and intuitive user interface. TripSource allows travelers to securely shop, book and manage all aspects of their trip experience directly from their mobile device.
“When we set out to build the next generation of TripSource, we knew we had the opportunity to produce some innovative new features that would offer travelers an even better user experience every step of the way, before, during and after their trip” said Yannis Karmis, SVP Product Planning and Development for BCD Travel. “With over one million travelers using TripSource, the goal was to reimagine the app experience. To accommodate more functionality and scale for an ever-changing industry, while maintaining the award-winning user experience, positive reviews and ratings that has made TripSource the leading TMC app.”
BCD engaged the help of a leading design and usability firm to embark on a next generation travel experience that would rival the best consumer apps on the market. After several months of intense research, design and development, the new TripSource experience was released to a subset of travelers to rave reviews.
“The TripSource mobile app is an extension of our TripSource traveler engagement platform and the way we service travelers, from trip planning, booking and itineraries to duty of care and disruptions”, said Will Pinnell, VP Product Planning and Development. “Our continued investment in all aspects of TripSource highlights our commitment to the traveler experience and overall traveler satisfaction. Through TripSource we are able to deliver a highly personalized booking and service experience, which increases loyalty to the travel program as well as to BCD Travel, as their trusted TMC.”
The new version of TripSource includes:
- Self-service features: In today’s digital world, travelers expect a variety of service options. The TripSource app allows travelers to self-book, cancel a trip and store receipts. If they require additional support, they can connect to an agent.
- Pre-trip planning and booking: A prominent part of the app experience, our planning and booking capabilities drive travelers to make smart and timely booking decisions.
- Improved design and navigation: The transition to a linear view of trip details allows travelers to scroll through their trip in timeline order, including flight details and status updates, hotel and rental car reservations, even dinners and meetings – with inline policy reminders, phone numbers and maps.
- Client branding & policy: Our customers have the option of co-branding the app with company logo and colours – and customizing a mobile travel policy for quick reference on the road.
- New mobile development platform: By moving TripSource to a new development environment, we can introduce new features even faster and more frequently.
The new version of TripSource will be made available to all travelers in mid-July 2019, in over 113 countries, in 5 languages. Travelers can access TripSource capabilities world-wide at www.tripsource.com. BCD Travel will give live demonstrations of the redesigned TripSource app at the GBTA Convention 2019 in Chicago, August 3-7. Come meet us at booth #2517 to check it out.
Want to see the new TripSource in action? Check out this video.
About BCD Travel
BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. We give travelers innovative tools that keep them safe and productive, and help them make good choices on the road. We partner with travel and procurement leaders to simplify the complexities of business travel, drive savings and satisfaction, and move whole companies toward their goals. In short, we help our clients travel smart and achieve more. We make this happen in 109 countries with almost 14,900 creative, committed and experienced people. And it’s how we maintain the industry’s most consistent client retention rate, with 2019 sales of US$27.5 billion. For more information, visit www.bcdtravel.com.
About BCD Group
BCD Group is a market leader in the travel industry. The privately-owned company was founded in 1975 by John Fentener van Vlissingen and consists of BCD Travel (global corporate travel management and its subsidiary BCD Meetings & Events, global meetings and events agency), Park ‘N Fly (off-airport parking) and Airtrade (consolidation and fulfillment). BCD Group employs over 15,900 people and operates in 109 countries with total sales of US$30 billion in 2019, including US$10.9 billion partner sales. For more information, visit www.bcdgroup.com.