Charity & Community Support
Our passion for helping others is integral to our company’s Strategic Direction and to our sustainability principles, which guide the way we interact with one another, our business partners and our communities.
Our commitment to charity and community support runs deep. It extends to:
- Funding and supporting global charitable causes for children in need, such as the Haiti project
- Local projects in our home markets
- A global partnership with End Child Prostitution and Trafficking (ECPAT), the leading international organization seeking to end the commercial sexual exploitation of children.
We formed our very own non-profit organization in 2015 the John & Marine van Vlissingen BCD Family Foundation because we are committed to giving back. The mission of the foundation is simple: To improve the lives of children.
- We successfully met our 2017 goal to grant US$150,000 and help fund operating expenses for L’Ecole de Choix, The School of Choice, a private, nonprofit elementary school in Mirebalais, Haiti.
- We proudly supported our shareholder’s foundation, focusing on 28 underprivileged children’s causes around the globe.
|“Our support of L’Ecole de Choix in Haiti and other projects benefiting children is a natural fit for our company because it’s aligned with our organization’s core values. We encourage and enable our people to make a difference in the lives of our customers and our communities. Our foundation looks for ways to take this passion for helping others beyond serving customers to improve the lives of people around the world, with an emphasis on helping children.” Leslie West, Senior vice president of BCD Travel and chair of the John & Marine van Vlissingen BCD Family Foundation board|