Charity & Community Support
Company charitable initiatives like the Haiti Project and individual good works by BCD employees around the world express our passion for helping others far beyond collecting money. With almost 13,800 people in 109 countries, we can make a significant impact in our communities.
Our commitment to charity and community support extends to:
- Funding and supporting global and local charitable causes for children in need.
- A global partnership with End Child Prostitution and Trafficking (ECPAT), the leading international organization seeking to end the commercial sexual exploitation of children.
- Taking action for local environmental activities.
Helping others and giving back reflects our Strategic Direction focus on building human and social value. It’s also integral to our sustainability principles. We continue our support to the John & Marine van Vlissingen BCD Family Foundation, a non-profit organization whose mission is to improve the lives of people around the world, with an emphasis on helping children.
- Fulfilled our 2018 financial commitment to the School of Choice/L’Ecole de Choix in Haiti.
- With our business partners, we hosted golf tournaments in the U.S., EMEA and Mexico whose proceeds supported the Haiti Project and other charities.
- Collaborated with business travel suppliers and other TMCs on opportunities to raise awareness and help put an end to the trafficking and sexual exploitation of children.
- Launched on World Environment Day 2018, we campaigned to reduce single-use plastics by 25% across all BCD locations. We exceeded our goal, ultimately reducing our offices’ consumption of single-use plastics by 37%.
Local charity projects
Together with our shareholders, John and Marine van Vlissingen, we currently run 30 charitable projects worldwide. These small, targeted projects directly benefit children in communities where we live and work.
Projects in NORAM (6)
- BCD Fedex Office Memphis: Hope House Day Care
- BCD Travel US: Atlanta Children’s Shelter, Students Run Chicago
- BCD Travel M&E: Me fine Foundation, Thumbuddy Special, BackPack Buddies
Projects in LATAM (10)
- BCD Travel Argentina: Tu Amigo Invisible en el Chaco
- BCD Travel Costa Rica: Chirripo, Daniel
- BCD Travel Ecuador: Fundacion Juvilus
- BCD Travel Guatemala: Organizaction de Obras Sociales de Hermano Pedro
- BCD Travel Mexico: Aldeas Infantiles SOS
- BCD Travel Nicaragua: Asociacion de Padres de ninos y jovenes diabeticos de Nicaragua, Aproquen
- BCD Travel Peru: Qallariy (Quallariy Nieveria Huachipa)
- BCD Travel Venezuela: Escuela Musical Estrellas de Birongo
Projects in EMEA (4)
- BCD Travel Belgium: Bednet
- BCD Travel France: Reves
- BCD Travel Germany: Balu und Du
- BCD Travel Israel: Phototherapy for Children at Risk Experiencing Double Trauma
Projects in UK/IE (8)
- BCD UK Manchester: A smile for a child
- BCD Travel UK: The Muscle Help Foundation, New Life, Giving Tree Appeal
- BCD Travel UK/IE: WellChild Helping Hands, The Pace Centre, Colnbrook School, Family Friends
Projects in APAC (2)
- BCD Travel Australia: The Smith Family
- BCD Travel Singapore: House of Olive Lead
“Child abuse is widespread, and as a business travel company, we’re in the unique position to support the battle against it. Our teams and clients are all over the world, and we have many frequent travelers who can be the eyes and ears for ECPAT, The Code and all children at risk.”
Senior Director, Global Program Management