Our customer, a global packaging company selected Rennies BCD Travel as their new travel management company (TMC) in South Africa.
The company asked us to migrate them from a traditional service to an online booking tool (OBT). To simplify the travel program, they also wanted to integrate their existing travel and expense tools. These systems worked independently of each other and affected productivity. With 25 sites and over 5000 travellers , there were additional layers of complexity in implementing the travel program.
The implementation systematically focused on the following:
- Implementing an online booking tool to meet the different set up requirements of each entity, and training users to maximise adoption.
- Integrating approval workflows into the OBT to create a seamless and frictionless travel experience.
- Integrating into the client ERP system to deliver a daily feed of transactional data to increase automation and reduced manual intervention.
- Setting up an online document portal to access supporting documents.
- Introducing robust reporting to enforce positive traveller behaviour and optimise cost savings.
- Engaging key stakeholders through a continuous change management pathway.
- Offering a comprehensive offline solution for travellers
- 39% program savings in 2 years
- 85% of all transactions booked at discounted airfares
- Increased use of low cost carriers within South Africa to 72% of the domestic air transactions with an average price of R1,021 per air ticket