Virtual meetings and events are a great way to keep businesspeople connected – but only if you can keep their attention. Zoom fatigue, the burnout associated with overuse of virtual platforms, is real. Add in the distractions of working from home – i.e., family, delivery drivers, or pets – and meeting planners and hosts find themselves in fierce competition to keep attendees focused. There are remedies for that, says BCDM&E leader Sandra Collins. In a blog post, Collins points to six creative ways to re-energize virtual meetings.
- Use graphics and motion to keep all eyes and ears on the content.
- For large groups, integrate polls, Q&As and other engagement tactics to help improve interactivity.
- Icebreakers are a tried and true practice for kicking off meetings, starting conversations and boosting networking.
- Virtual teambuilding activities, like scavenger hunts, are great for boosting morale and brain power. Break up long events with virtual escape rooms or gameshow-style sessions.
- Add a health and wellbeing aspect to your event, e.g., virtual yoga or meditation breaks after intense sessions.
- Book music or magicians. You read that right. Book a DJ, comedian or magician for an online appearance to celebrate the end of a successful event.
To read Collins’ full blog, click here.