For the second year, BCD Travel has earned a special Platinum distinction for its commitment to sustainability. The Platinum rating positions BCD in the top 1% of the currently 75,000 companies assessed by EcoVadis, the world’s largest and most trusted provider of business sustainability ratings.
“Our second Platinum rating validates our commitment to conducting business in an ethical, socially responsible and environmentally sound manner while building sustainable and mutually rewarding partnerships with our customers, partners and suppliers,” said Sharon Dirks, Director of Sustainability at BCD.
EcoVadis assessments consider four categories: environment, labor standards and human rights, ethics, and sustainable procurement. The EcoVadis assessment platform helped BCD prioritize its sustainability goals and show improvement year over year, resulting in an annual score increase. The company’s score increased by 27% since receiving its first Gold rating in 2016.
“Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic in early 2020, the travel industry continues to face unprecedented challenges. Despite this unparalleled disruption, we moved forward on projects, initiatives and solutions to support business sustainability,” said Dirks.
Along with its second Platinum rating from EcoVadis, BCD received these other awards and recognitions for its sustainability achievements in recent years:
• Best Corporate Social Responsibility Program, Business Travel Awards
• Winner in the category ‘Promotion of a Women-related Corporate Social Responsibility Project’, WINiT Awards
• Flexjobs 100 Top Companies with Remote Jobs
• Forbes’ Best Mid-Sized Employers
• Comparably’s Best Company for Women, Diversity and Culture
• Investors in People Silver-level accreditation
• Most Admired Travel Management Company, The Beat