The 2017 theme, “Connecting People with Nature,” demonstrates how clean environments and natural systems benefit humanity. It encourages us all to get outside and connect with the world outdoors.
Did you know?
- World Environment Day takes place every year on June 5 and is one of the largest global platforms for positive environmental action.
- Canada is the 2017 host country for WED. Each year, one country is specially selected to choose the theme and serve as the focal point for planet-wide celebrations.
- As a member of the U.N. Global Compact, BCD supports WED and other U.N. programs supporting sustainability. Every year, BCD encourages its employees to mark the day by doing something that’s good for the planet.
- Enjoy a 30-minute walk outside.
- Clear debris from neighborhood streets and pathways.
- Travel green and clean – Leave the car at home. Use public transit, carpool or ride your bike to work on June 5.
- Spread the word – Tell your social networks what you’re doing and use the hashtags #WorldEnvironmentDay #WithNature
- Share a photo or video of your favorite place in nature
BCD Travel is committed to being a good corporate citizen. BCD’s 2017 Corporate Social Responsibility Report charts the company’s CSR journey and recent successes. Read the report here or download it here.