Does making travelers suffer through red-eyes, indirect routes and less comfortable airline seats affect your company’s bottom line? Research by SolutionSource® partner FairFly indicates it does—negatively. Discover that and other unconventional travel savings opportunities revealed by Fairfly’s Faresaver and Wellness solutions:
1. Reduce traveler stress, boost savings. Increasing the quality of travel (i.e., by limiting red-eyes) can reduce employee turnover, avoid recruitment costs and boost employee wellness and productivity, according to FairFly’s research.
2. Understand the full cost of carrier selection. Fare auditing can tell you which preferred carriers get travelers to their destinations and back home again on time and with the fewest hassles. Could you significantly improve employee productivity by prioritizing the most on-time airlines?
3. Know when to lock in last-minute flights. Fare auditing can identify when it’s the right time to book lower-flexibility air tickets. For example, choosing the most restrictive fare conditions can shave 25% from the cost of last-minute flights, according to FairFly data. Your company could boost savings, even if some travelers are no-shows.
4. Double-check taxes and fees. Fare auditing can help ensure you pay only your fair share of taxes and fees. One company used FairFly technology to detect it was paying twice for excise taxes on flights with layovers in the United States. The company narrowed the problem to an automated process in its online booking tool. It fixed the booking glitch and got a significant refund for overpaid taxes.
5. Benchmark for better dealmaking. Audit to compare your negotiated fares against publicly available fares for the same origins and destinations (O&Ds), and you’ll walk into supplier talks with comparative data that gives you more negotiating power.
BCD Travel’s SolutionSource marketplace lets clients speed up innovation and tailor their travel program by selecting new technologies and services with confidence. BCD vets all offerings before adding them to the marketplace. SolutionSource has added 19 partners since BCD launched the marketplace in February 2018.