AstraZeneca travel leader Kerrie Henshaw-Cox has spent three years rebuilding the pharmaceutical giant’s corporate travel program into a global operation aligned with business goals. Now she’s beginning to reap the benefits with data-driven results, including savings of 15% on 2018 managed travel spend.
Henshaw-Cox launched her program transformation by partnering with BCD Travel to consolidate 70 countries (now 75) in just seven months. The result: She gained constantly updated global data that guides her toward what’s next for improving AstraZeneca’s travel program performance and travelers’ trip experiences. Here she offers tips for other corporate travel leaders seeking innovative ways to make their programs better:
- Surround yourself with great people.
- Get senior leaders’ endorsement of your strategies.
- Spend time understanding the “why” before you plan the “what” and “how.”
- Be bold and ask for more resources when needed—invest in success.
- Be realistic, and be kind to yourself and others.
Learn more about Kerrie Henshaw-Cox’s leadership style and what she sees for the future of business travel at AstraZeneca and across the industry. Ask how BCD Travel can help you mine for data insights that boost savings and traveler experiences.