Many business travelers believe that they spend less on hotels if they book outside their corporate programs. But the facts just don’t back that up. Check out these stats:
- Less than 40% of business travelers book in-program hotels, according to travel industry research group Phocuswright.
- Those travelers could save 9% to 24% on hotels if they booked in program through their company’s travel management company or corporate booking tool, Travelport research found.
Listen to the free replay of a recent BTN Group webinar, Hidden Figures: How to Remove Invisible Costs from Your Hotel Program, to hear how veteran travel managers resolve hotel program challenges. The 60-minute session explores how to keep travelers from deserting your program and ways to ensure your program is getting the savings it expects from negotiated hotel rates.
Webinar panelists included:
- Michelle De Costa, director of Category Strategy & Corporate Travel for Liberty Mutual
- Jill Huffman, senior manager of Global Travel and Meetings Management at Cardinal Health
- BCD Travel’s Lisa Scott, vice president of Global Client Management
Mary Ann McNulty, director of The BTN Group’s Content Solutions, moderated the session, which was produced by BTN Group and sponsored by BCD Travel. Listen to the replay here.