The Lufthansa Group has taken a number of measures to create distance between travelers for more passenger safety.
Physical distance measures:
- Measures to create physical distance at all airport areas: Personnel, floor markings, safety barriers, displays, announcements, sneeze protection (if applicable) and temporary closure of lounges.
- Modified security control process: Additional measures to maintain distance at security checkpoints to avoid personal checking and scanning.
- Contactless boarding by groups: Passengers use the Quick Boarding Gates of the Lufthansa Group airlines and board by groups to maintain a safe distance.
- Avoid bus boarding: If possible, boarding is handled at building positions, else double the number of buses is used.
- Lounges can now be reopened gradually. However, due to the current situation in some lounges, a limited F&B offer is available. In addition, due to current regulations, not all services are available to guests. Please find more information on https://www.lufthansa.com/de/de/lounges.
- Boarding by groups: On continental flights operated by Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa and SWISS, passengers are asked to board by groups after the pre-boarding phase. Group 3 starts with the window seats, followed by group 4 with the middle seats and group 5 with the aisle seats. Intercontinental boarding is currently being tested.
- Deboarding by groups: Guests will be informed on board that the deboarding will be done in groups. Business Class passengers will disembark first, followed by rows 11-15, rows 16-20, etc. until the last row is reached. All passengers will be requested to remain seated until they are asked to leave the aircraft.
- Cabin crew will hand out hygienic wipes (both antibacterial and antiviral) to all passengers on all flights.
- Simplified onboard services: Changed service on board to minimize interaction between passengers and crew, including elimination of pillows/blankets and refreshing towels, reduced beverage service (Lufthansa flights only), temporary suspension of à la carte dining in Business Class and no collection of disposable headphones (Lufthansa flilghts only)
- Temporary suspension of inflight sales
- Due to the current low occupancy rate, seats will be allocated as far apart as possible throughout the cabin.
Ongoing customer communication:
Customer information: “Flying in times of Corona” via booking confirmation & check-in email