BCD Travel and a key client, AstraZeneca, both took top honors at the 2019 Business Travel Awards, presented at a Jan. 21 gala in London with 1,200 attendees. The awards featured 22 categories and drew a record number of entries this year.
BCD Travel received the prize for Best Corporate Social Responsibility Program.
- The travel management company repeatedly has earned recognition for sustainability, achieving a gold rating from CSR rating firm EcoVadis three years in a row—the first TMC to do so.
- Last year, President and Chief Executive Officer John Snyder was named Responsible CEO of the Year for a Private Company by CR Magazine.
- BCD has become not only an industry leader in CSR, but also served as an adviser to clients aiming to boost the impact of their own sustainability programs.
In a statement, award judges said they were impressed by BCD’s “varied initiatives across a range of areas, and its EcoVadis rating also stood out to ensure the TMC a well-deserved victory in this category.” The independent panel of judges is made up of senior travel buyers who have distinguished themselves in the industry.
Kerrie Henshaw-Cox, global commercial lead at AstraZeneca, was named Travel Buyer of the Year.
- Henshaw-Cox led the U.K.-based pharmaceutical giant through an extraordinary global transformation, which included consolidating 70 countries in seven months under BCD Travel.
- She has partnered with BCD on data-driven innovations that improved traveler experiences and boosted savings. AstraZeneca saved 15% on managed travel spend in 2018 alone.
- Henshaw-Cox has offered Move readers tips on prepping for what’s next in business travel.