United’s MileagePlus loyalty program was recognized as the Best Reward Program of any airline in the Americas by FlyerTalk, an online community of frequent travelers who participate in an annual survey to determine the best travel programs and benefits. Voters also named the complimentary Economy Plus upgrades that MileagePlus Premier members enjoy the most “Outstanding Benefit” of any airline program in the Americas.
“What is especially meaningful about the FlyerTalk Awards is that they come directly from frequent, experienced travelers. We are proud of the recognition this community has given MileagePlus and the benefits we provide to our members,” said Luc Bondar, United’s president of MileagePlus and vice president of Loyalty.
United offers the most award destinations of any U.S. carrier between United and Star Alliance award flights, which serve over 1,300 destinations in more than 190 countries. MileagePlus members earn award miles by flying United, United Express, Star Alliance airlines or other airline partners, and by purchasing products or services from partners around the globe. Members can use these miles to access unique opportunities across the travel journey, including air travel, hotel stay, car rentals, and one-of-a-kind experiences money can’t buy through MileagePlus Exclusives.
United continues to enhance its MileagePlus program, offering members new ways to earn and redeem miles as well as increased benefits. Recent highlights include:
- The launch of the new United MileagePlus Explorer Card, which now offers an expanded 2 miles per $1 spent on hotel accommodations and restaurant purchases in addition to 2 miles per $1 spent on purchases with United, plus travel benefits and inflight a discount on inflight wi-fi, food and drinks.
- Recent enhancements to the industry-leading MileagePlusX app to enable more ways for members to earn and use miles every day while shopping or dining.
- Continued expansion of MileagePlus Exclusives, allowing members to use miles on unique and memorable experiences with a VIP touch across a wide range of mileage levels.
- Greater opportunities to use miles starting as low as 1,000 for e-gift cards.
- A new boarding process for all customers, allowing Premier 1K and Premier Gold members to board in an earlier group.