IHG® (InterContinental Hotels Group), one of the world’s leading hotel companies, has welcomed a new family member to its portfolio of brands, with the acquisition of Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas.
Six Senses is renowned for its focus on wellness and sustainability, with each hotel and resort set in locations of incredible natural beauty that will stop you in your tracks, delivering an uncompromising level of service that will stay with you long after you’ve left. All of which has been recognized through a host of industry awards and accolades* including Travel+Leisure (World Best Award, Top Hotel Brand for two years in a row), TIME Magazine, Conde Nast Traveler and Skift to name a few.
Featuring properties in 12 countries, Six Senses is behind some of the world’s most enticing hotels, resorts and spas, including: a 19th-century wine estate in the Douro Valley (Portugal), breathtaking island resorts in the Seychelles and Maldives, beach-side retreats in Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam and Oman, a city escape in Singapore, and residences in the mountains of Courchevel (France).
Six Senses joins a growing number of luxury brands in the IHG family, including:
- InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, the world’s largest luxury hotel brand, which recently celebrated the opening of its 200th hotel and was named World’s Leading Hotel Brand title for the 12th time at the World Travel Awards (WTA). This is a brand dedicated to those who appreciate and enjoy The InterContinental Life – the glamour and exhilaration of fascinating places, mixed with international know-how and local cultural wisdom.
- Regent® Hotels & Resorts, also recently acquired and now undergoing a repositioning which celebrates the brand’s deep luxury heritage and revered legacy. Born in 1970, this collection of modern hotels and resorts is rooted in extraordinary living, with a legacy of luxury that endures to this day.
- Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, the industry pioneer that first introduced the boutique concept to the U.S. The brand is now set to open in 20 new global destinations including Mexico City, Paris, Barcelona, Bali and Shanghai, each of which will showcase bold, playful design, award-winning dining and surprising amenities to ensure guests have the ultimate boutique hotel stay.
Across IHG’s four leading luxury brands, guests can now enjoy nearly 300 luxury hotels around the world, with more than 100 set to open in the coming years.
As part of the IHG family, Six Senses is expected to expand to 60 properties within the next 10 years. This includes incredible new Six Senses hotels and resorts from a restored 14th-century fort in Rajasthan, to villas on a private island in Cambodia, and the brand’s first hotel in North America – a contemporary duo of twisting towers designed by Bjarke Ingles near the High Line in Manhattan’s West Chelsea.
Keith Barr, IHG’s Chief Executive Officer, commented: “IHG’s growing portfolio of luxury brands is a collection of the very best in the travel industry. Each one offers something unique to our guests, and together they offer an unparalleled choice of locations and experiences. We’re incredibly proud to welcome Six Senses into our family of brands and look forward to opening more stunning hotels, resorts and spas – each one staying true to Six Senses’ world-renowned reputation for wellness and an unwavering commitment to purposeful travel.”
Core to every Six Senses hotel and resort is a Six Senses Spa, where guests can relax, reconnect, and completely refresh. Guests are guided on a personal path to finding harmony and balance, to ensure positive and lasting benefits. Unique to the hospitality sector, Six Senses has also taken wellness out of the spa and integrated it across the entire stay, helping guests learn something new and reconnect with themselves, others, and the world around them.
Neil Jacobs, Six Senses Chief Executive Officer, commented: “This is an exciting new era for Six Senses, IHG believes in our purpose to merge the two platforms of wellness and sustainability to promote personal health, and the health of the planet. Joining forces with IHG means we can use a wealth of systems and operational excellence to grow our brand and reach new markets without losing our quirky personality and playful touch.”
In the near future guests will be able to book their Six Senses stay through IHG’s booking platforms, such as the ihg.com website and the company’s leading mobile app, and benefit from the advantages of the IHG® Rewards Club loyalty programme.
With 15 of the world’s leading hotel brands and more than 5,500 hotels around the world, IHG offers travellers and members of its global loyalty programme IHG® Rewards Club, a hotel stay for all travel occasions.
- 2018, 2017: Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas – Travel & Leisure, US – World’s Best Award, Top Hotel Brand
- 2018: Skift 2018 Innovators in Travel, Hospitality and Aviation – Best Hotel Brand
- 2018: Six Senses Qing Cheng Mountain – Conde Nast Traveler, China – The Gold List 2018, Best Wellness Getaways in China
- 2018: Six Senses Fiji – TIME Magazine – World’s Greatest Places Top 100
- 2018: Six Senses Douro Valley – Conde Nast Traveller, US – 2018 Gold List, Editors’ Favourite Hotels in the World
- 2016: Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas – The Telegraph, UK – Travel Awards, Best Hotel Group
Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas includes 16 award-winning resorts and hotels around the world. The newest addition to the portfolio, Six Senses Krabey Island, opens on March 1, 2019 in Cambodia. The resort features 40 well-appointed villas all with private plunge pools.
A variety of exhilarating experiences are available across all 16 hotels and resorts in the Six Senses portfolio. In Oman at Six Senses Zighy Bay, guests can arrive by air and paraglide into the 82 all-villa resort.
Six Senses offers a variety of wellness programs across all 37 spas. Guests can tap into the good vibes, ground breaking sleep standards, vitality-boosting menus and pioneering wellness integrated into every moment of their stay.