Da Nang is a major port and the fourth largest city in Vietnam. Rich in history, the city was known as Tourane during the French colonial rule. Fast forward to today, the mix of old and new buildings gives you a sense of how much this place has changed over the years.
In the last years Da Nang has been developing its infrastructure and expanding its service sector industries. As a result, the city is gaining traction as a tourist destination.
Getting to and from the airport
You can arrive at Da Nang International Airport on flights from Kuala Lumpur, Seoul and Singapore. Since it’s just two kilometers from the city center, the easiest way to get downtown is by taxi. Pick one up on the arrivals level, but confirm with the taxi representative whether you’ll be charged a fixed or metered rate. According to the Da Nang airport guide, Mai Linh taxi is a reputable company serving the airport.
Where to stay
There are no shortage of hotels to choose from. Most luxury resorts are located along the famous beaches of Da Nang , such as (Son Tra, My Khe, My An, Non Nuoc). Here are a few suggestions:
Hyatt Regency Da Nang Resort & Spa, Truong Sa Street, Hoa Hai Ward, Ngu Hanh Son District; Ph.: +84 511 398 1234
Furama Da Nang Resort, Truong Sa Street, Khue My Ward, Ngu Hanh Son District; Ph.: +84 511 384 7333/7888
Intercontinental Da Nang Resort, Bai Bac, Sontra Peninsula; Ph.: +84 511 393 8888
Pullman Danang Beach Resort , Truong Sa Street, Khue My Ward, Ngu Hanh Son District; Ph.: +84 511 395 8888
What to see and do
There’s plenty to do besides soaking up the sun by a pool or on one of the beautiful beaches. Enjoy the spectacular views from the famous Marble Mountains, which are a cluster of five marble mountains lying close to the sea. You can also take a cable-car ride at Ba Na Hills.
If you’re drawn more to culture and history than nature, visit Museum of Cham Sculpture. Built in 1913, the museum houses the largest collection of Cham sculpture and artwork in the world. Another historical site is My Son, located 69 kilometers south west of Da Nang. Here you’ll find ancient, religious architectural relics that date back to the fourth century. The sculptures and buildings have suffered damage over time and through wars, but they still reflect the style and history of the art of the Cham people.
Take in the local culture with a stroll through the traditional Hoi An town (a UNESCO World Heritage Center). Here you’ll discover warm-hearted and welcoming people, as well as from centuries-old architecture.
Where to eat
Vietnamese cuisine uses fresh ingredients and plenty of vegetables, which make it one of the healthier cuisines around. You can sample some at street food stalls all over the city—great for curbing hunger pangs on the go.
If you ‘re looking for upscale Vietnamese dining in a traditional setting, you can try Apsara Restaurant. It’s at 222 Tran Phu Street. Ph: +84 511 356 1409.
Phi Lu I Restaurant is probably one of the most popular restaurants among both locals and tourists. It’s huge and can seat up to 1,000 diners. The restaurant serves Asian, European and local specialties. There’s even an all-you-can-eat buffet on Sundays, however you may like to check with the restaurant prior to your visit.
If you’re considering Da Nang for your next business or leisure trip, BCD Travel’s corporate leisure department has an exclusive client offer.
Special offer: Pay for two nights and get a complimentary third night* at the Hyatt Regnecy Da Nang Resort & Spa.
To make a reservation, please call us on +65 6215 6019 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote BCD Travel Privilege Program.
Room categories applicable to this promotion (subject to availability):
- Regency Club Room
- Regency Suite
- Ocean Villa
You will enjoy:
- A welcome drink upon check-in
- In-room tea and coffee facilities
- Complimentary usage of sauna, steam bath (only for guests 16 years old and above), fitness center, tennis court, scheduled yoga classes and use of the resort center
- Complimentary shuttle bus to Hoi An
- Complimentary internet access
*Terms and conditions:
- Guests have to stay for a minimum of three consecutive nights where the third night is complimentary
- The rates are based on the hotel’s daily rates, inclusive of breakfast for two persons
- This promotion is applicable for new reservations under BCD Travel
- Advance reservation is required, and it is non-exchangeable and non-transferable
- Any services that are not consumed or utilized will not be reimbursed
- This promotion cannot be combined with any other offers, promotions or privileges
- Additional charges apply for additional guests or room category upgrade
- No accommodation charges for maximum of two children under 12 years old without a baby cot; children 12 years old and above are considered as paying guests