UTRECHT, Nov. 28, 2019 – BCD Travel has earned a gold rating in an independent assessment measuring its sustainability performance — the only travel management company to achieve the top rating for four consecutive years.
With this rating BCD Travel maintains their position in the top 1% of all suppliers assessed by EcoVadis, the world’s leading platform for CSR audits for global supply chains. BCD uses the assessment to demonstrate its transparency as a supplier partner, secure customer supply chains, minimize risk of legal exposure and enhance its brand. BCD’s efforts towards sustainability also recently were recognized by WINiT by GBTA, a network serving as a catalyst to drive positive change for the career mobility of women in travel-related industries. WINiT recognized BCD’s work promoting a women-related corporate social responsibility project.
“I’m proud, we achieved the gold rating for the fourth year. It illustrates why our customers, employees and partners can trust in us as a company. It’s the result of efforts to continuously improve sustainability performance across the company through the work of all our employees worldwide,” said Kathy Jackson, executive vice president, global program management and executive chair of sustainability. “I’m equally proud of the fact that WINiT has recognized BCD’s ongoing efforts to create opportunities for women and advance the well-being of women.”
Clients highly appreciate BCD Travel’s sustainability efforts. “It means a lot to us to work with partners that also share our values and principles,” said Ralf Uwe Schmitt, Corporate Head of Sustainability at Getinge. “This is a very important achievement and illustrates how committed BCD travel is regarding sustainability and the continued improvement in this area.” The Swedish medical technology company Getinge provides hospitals and life science institutions with products and solutions aiming to improve clinical results and optimize workflows.
Some of the key initiatives that contributed to BCD’s 2019 EcoVadis gold ranking included:
- Innovative practices concerning environmental issuesg. operational energy reduction measures
- Increase in the percentage of global locations certified to ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 to 95%
- Implementation of additional global policies in the areas of diversity and equal opportunities, anti-corruption, fraud management and sustainable procurement practices
- Communication of progress towards Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- External assurance of sustainability reporting
The EcoVadis methodology examines 21 criteria across four themes of environment, fair labor practices, ethics/fair business practices, and supply chain. Industry leaders such as Verizon, Merck, Coca Cola Enterprises, Heineken, Johnson & Johnson, Renault-Nissan, BASF, Michelin, ING Bank, and Nokia use EcoVadis to reduce risk, foster transparency and drive innovation among over 55,000 trading partners.
The top rating from EcoVadis and WINiT award add to a string of recognitions for BCD Travel for its sustainability achievements in recent years:
- 2019 Business Travel Award for Best Corporate Social Responsibility program.
- Forbes magazine’s 2019 list of America’s Best Midsize Employers and 2018 America’s Best Employers For Women.
- Ranking 23rd on a list of 100 companies noted for flexible work environments in 2019 — the sixth time BCD made the list compiled by FlexJobs, an online job search resource for professionals seeking telecommute, part-time or other flexible jobs.
- CR Magazine’s 2018 Responsible CEO of the Year for a Private Company (John Snyder), garnering international recognition at 3BL Forum, the leading event for corporate responsibility and sustainability practitioners.
- Three-year accreditation in people management valid until 2020 from Investors in People, a globally recognized workplace ratings firm, for the company’s results in leading, supporting and managing people well for sustainable results. BCD was the first travel management company to pursue and receive IIP’s independent endorsement, positioning the TMC as one of the top companies to work for in the corporate travel industry. IIP ratings set the standard for what it takes to lead, support and manage people well for sustainable results.
About BCD Travel
BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. We give travelers innovative tools that keep them safe and productive, and help them make good choices on the road. We partner with travel and procurement leaders to simplify the complexities of business travel, drive savings and satisfaction, and move whole companies toward their goals. In short, we help our clients travel smart and achieve more. We make this happen in 109 countries with almost 13,800 creative, committed and experienced people. And it’s how we maintain the industry’s most consistent client retention rate, with 2018 sales of US$27.1 billion. For more information, visit www.bcdtravel.fi.
About BCD Group
BCD Group is a market leader in the travel industry. The privately-owned company was founded in 1975 by John Fentener van Vlissingen and consists of BCD Travel (global corporate travel management), BCD Meetings & Events (global meetings and events agency), Travix (online travel: CheapTickets, Vliegwinkel, BudgetAir, Flugladen and Vayama), Park ‘N Fly (off-airport parking) and Airtrade (consolidation and fulfillment). BCD Group employs over 14,900 people and operates in 109 countries with total sales of US$29.8 billion in 2018, including US$10.7 billion partner sales. For more information, visit www.bcdgroup.com.