Alternative patient environment improves participant involvement and feedback
A pharmaceutical client wanted to engage community members in a setting that would facilitate communication, provide easier access to patient discussions, and meet compliance regulations. The previous agency missed the mark on the logistics and the environment of the sessions, so BCD Meetings & Events was tasked to find a locale and style that would better meet the client’s needs.
- Developed a non-clinical ‘couch talk’ format that made participants feel comfortable sharing their stories, and exchanging ideas and perspectives
- Selected venues easily accessible via public transport for patient convenience
- Promoted sessions through targeted radio/posters etc. Ensured all program elements met compliance requirements
- The new setting attracted more attendees than standard, formal dinner setting, increasing meeting attendance an average of 30% from previous years
- Patients were more willing to share emotionally in this ‘friendlier’ environment
- The client expanded their connections in relevant communities, achieving their goal