BCD Travel recognized for corporate responsibility initiatives as John Snyder named Responsible CEO of the Year for a Private Company by Corporate Responsibility Magazine at 2018 3BL Forum
ATLANTA, Oct. 25, 2018 – BCD Travel’s decade-long, global sustainability initiative has garnered international recognition at 3BL Forum, the leading event for corporate responsibility and sustainability practitioners. CR Magazine named John Snyder, President and CEO for BCD Travel, as Responsible CEO of the Year for a Private Company in ceremonies Wednesday evening outside Washington, D.C. The awards are presented to recognize corporate leaders committed to a progressive environmental, social, and governance (ESG) agenda.
“I consider this award a recognition of the collective efforts of everyone at BCD Travel globally in supporting our commitment to putting sustainability at the core of everything we do to ensure our ongoing business success without limiting options for future generations,” said Snyder.
The annual excellence in leadership awards are given by CR Magazine at 3BL Forum, an annual gathering of corporate responsibility and sustainability practitioners with emphasis on networking, case studies, new research and compelling presentations from companies committed to making progress against an ambitious ESG agenda.
“This award is not only a substantial personal and professional achievement, it’s reflective of the dedication BCD Travel has fulfilling its sustainability initiative under John’s leadership,” said Sharon Dirks, BCD Travel director of Sustainability. “From our Confident Self talent management program to company initiatives like supporting local charities identified by our employees and our business ethics Code of Conduct, BCD Travel takes corporate responsibility seriously. That commitment starts at the top with John Snyder.”
BCD Travel has been recognized for its sustainability achievements numerous times in recent years:
- The GBTA Foundation awarded BCD Travel a Project ICARUS Sustainability Outstanding Achievement Award twice for its sustainability efforts.
- Forbes magazine named BCD Travel to its 2018 list of America’s Best Employers For Women. The magazine has ranked BCD Travel among America’s Best Employers three times.
- In October 2018, BCD Travel was named Most Admired Travel Management Company for the second year in a row and the sixth time since 2009 by readers of industry newsletter, The Beat. The recognition reflected results of a poll that asked readers which industry suppliers they most admire for their policies, management style, and service to clients.
- BCD Travel was ranked 29th on a list of 100 companies noted for flexible work environments in 2018. The recognition marked the fourth time BCD made the list compiled by FlexJobs, an online job search resource for professionals seeking telecommute, part-time or other flexible jobs.
- BCD earned a gold ranking by EcoVadis, the assessor providing supplier sustainability ratings for global supply chains – the only travel management company to achieve the top rating for three consecutive years and make the top one percent of all suppliers.
- BCD currently holds certification to ISO 9001, ISO 27001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and Payment Card Industry Data Protection Standard (PCI)) to ensure compliance with best practices, industry regulations, and legal obligations (view a list of BCD’s ISO certifications and other certifications here).
All annual excellence in leadership award finalists were nominated by fellow members of the CR Magazine community and selected by an independent judging panel that included prior honorees. The awards were announced at an awards and recognition dinner on Wednesday, Oct. 24, at the MGM National Harbor.
About BCD Travel
BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. For travelers, this means keeping them safe and productive, and equipping them to make good choices on the road. For travel and procurement managers, it means advising them on how to grow the value of their travel program. In short, we help our clients travel smart and achieve more. We make this happen in 109 countries with almost 13,500 creative, committed and experienced people. And it’s how we maintain the industry’s most consistent client retention rate (95% over the past 10 years), with 2017 sales of US$25.7 billion. For more information, visit www.bcdtravel.com.
About BCD Group
BCD Group is a market leader in the travel industry. The privately-owned company was founded in 1975 by John Fentener van Vlissingen and consists of BCD Travel (global corporate travel management), Travix (online travel: CheapTickets, Vliegwinkel, BudgetAir, Flugladen and Vayama), Park ‘N Fly (off-airport parking) and Airtrade (consolidation and fulfillment). BCD Group employs over 14,500 people and operates in 109 countries with total sales of US$27.9 billion, including US$10.4 billion partner sales. For more information, visit www.bcdgroup.com.